Thursday, September 08, 2005

Ophelia, you're breaking my heart

At 5pm today Ophelia was upgraded to a very low Category 1 hurricane. It's still stationary off of Cape Canaveral proving again that the meteorologists don't know anything and can't tell us anything. She's located about 115 miles away (eye wall) . So, no landfall and no landfall predicted at this time but they don't have a clue really what will happen.

The wind has been rustling every half hour or so, the clouds are low and circling against the sunset. It's very eerie looking - a deep calm implying a greater storm. I have no idea what tomorrow will look like. The forecast models show her moving east further out into the Atlantic and then circling back down where anything could happen from that.

I'm exhausted today from a few late nights so I'm hoping to sleep through tonight's gusts and rain. I'll post more in the morning unless something noticeable happens here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter