Lovely Rita
So I was reminded today that I have not updated my blog for Storm of the Century #2 - Hurricane Rita. I didn't update it because Rita didn't affect Central Florida but it actually has a little bit. We've had it's furthest outer bands but that came in the form of erratic rain showers and breeziness - nothing like the low circling clouds of Katrina.
And in fact, we're not even affected gasoline wise (so far..). Gas yesterday was $2.43/gallon which sounds great considering the threats of $4/gallon gas.
I've been sick all last week so that's the main reason for lack of update. I was thinking about blogging though when I considered how optimistic a weather blog actually is. The fact that I think I can blog through a hurricane impacting Central Florida really is optimistic considering the hell unleashed in the Gulf.
It's given me pause to consider though, the circumstances that I'd evacuate. A Cat 3 - no way. A Cat 4, definitely maybe. A cat 5 - yes.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home