Oh wind a blowin all day long
We're slowly stirring around here, the wind is howling, the chimney is making it's 'gung gung gung' sound. I opened the door and it smells like one of those wet fall days up north. The wind blew the door open too but the smell of refreshing air was fabulous.
Everyone feels like hunkering down today. There's no curfew but the streets are messed up badly. My office closed, Disney closed (if they are willing to take a financial loss, you can only imagine!), all area schools are closed. It's a hunker down kind of day.
By later this afternoon, we will see sunshine and 49 degree air temp!! Brrr! Hopefully we can take my grandma home this afternoon so she can be back at home where she's more comfy. We'll check to see if she has power first, of course. I'm actually checking now by calling her phone and seeing if her answering machine picks up...it's ringing...ringing...yay! She still has power! Good.
The Wind, Robert Louis Stevenson
I saw you toss the kites on high
And blow the birds about the sky;
And all around I heard you pass,
Like ladies' skirts across the grass--
O wind, a-blowing all day long,
O wind, that sings so loud a song!
I saw the different things you did,
But always you yourself you hid.
I felt you push, I heard you call,
I could not see yourself at all--
O wind, a-blowing all day long,
O wind, that sings so loud a song!
O you that are so strong and cold,
O blower, are you young or old?
Are you a beast of field and tree,
Or just a stronger child than me?
O wind, a-blowing all day long,
O wind, that sings so loud a song!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home