Sharp Right Hook
Ernesto's path was redefined and it's not good news. He's now a Category 1 hurricane and heading for the Gulf of Mexico. Because of a cold front pushing through the gulf states, that will act like an anvil pushing the storm back east.
Though the national news is chock full of "Ernesto will slam into New Orleans!", the director of the National Hurricane Center said today that Florida needs to get ready for a hurricane. I guess that cold front is protecting the gulf states. As I've maintained since Katrina, I'd rather see a hurricane hit Florida because, quite frankly, we take on and release water without many problems. In fact, you can call us the Nation's Bladder and we're happy to blow it out of both ends. :-) Not only that, but we're so screwed up on every conceivable front that our governmental infrastructure is well acclimated to having egg on their faces and dealing with the dumbest people in the world. You will find no state more capable of handling morons and candidates for everything from America's Most Wanted to delusional American Idol audtioners.
We're literally a haven for dysfunction and hate (the top five most Angry Cities in the United States are in Florida!)..
Not that I want a hurricane, mind you. I just think we're better equipped to handle bad behavior and extreme weather.
But this isn't supposed to be an editorial comment, that's for me other blog. Here's the pertinents: the current path has it going into the Gulf Of Mexico and then take a sharp right hook across Tampa area and up through Orlando. The 8am release (pictured below) shows it coming up a bit more north of Orlando but given that landfall is a solid five days a way a lot can happen between now and then.
Though this week will be busy with friends from out of town here, I'm going to do a few minor prep things in case it does wind up on our doorstep. Hopefully this time I'll remember to bring my garbage can in.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home