Chris!
It has been a quiet quiet quiet tropical season and now it's just getting to be August. Yesterday though was the most intense rain, thunder and lightning storm I've seen in all years I've lived here (oh the YEARS! lol) so apparently there's not much need for any named storm to throw trees to the ground.
Tropical Storm Chris is only the 3rd named storm this year which is remarkable. It either means we're in for a really wicked time August/September or it was an opportunity for meteorologists to feel newsworthy and important like Anderson Cooper. I have no idea what I mean by that but like everyone else in America, one associates tired, weather worn journos with Anderson Cooper.
The Anderson Coopers of the meteorological (am I spelling that right??) world are saying this prolly won't become a hurricane. It's five day path takes it to the Bahamas by Sunday and then it's range of landfall to Florida is fairly broad. They said it's a rain maker and not a wind thing.
Irrespective, I'm chuffed that it's going to stay away through the weekend so I can still head to one of the beaches this coming weekend.
Here's the projected path, for all it's worth:


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home