Thursday, June 01, 2006

It was a hot and stormy night...

It's amazing how June 1st may seem like an arbitrary date signaling the start of hurricane season. But more amazingly, yesterday was the first day of Classic Summer Storm. For the past several weeks/months, it's been rising temps with very little if not sporadic rain. Suddenly June 1st arrives and the temps are hitting the 90's, sun sweltering and then the big thunderheads develop and we're saturated with driving rain for an hour or two and then the sun comes out again. And then you walk to your car and it's hot and humid so much you choke on the air.

Welcome June 1st.

2 Comments:

At Friday, June 02, 2006 11:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You said it. We're experiencing the same kind of weather. Hot and steamy one minute and then thunderstorms and rain the next. I wonder what Hurricane Season will hold for us here in N.C.

 
At Friday, June 09, 2006 6:20:00 AM, Blogger Far Away, So Close said...

I have mixed feelings. I would hate to see any more hurricanes hit the gulf area because they frankly can't hold water as well as Florida can..but I certainly don't want to Hunker Down either!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter