Sunday, July 10, 2005

Gwarsh.


Dennis gave Orlando a sweet surprise last night. Around 1am a major..MAJOR squall rolled through and woke me up out of a very sound sleep. The rain was banging the windows, the wind was rattling everything. I got up and looked out the window and could only see swirling rain. I have to say that it was just as bad as anything we saw during the hurricane. It lasted maybe 10 minutes and then moved on thankfully. I bet the wind was at least 30-40 mph - maybe more.

I got scared from that and was very worried that the storm had shifted path and was hitting us. I got up but the satellite tv was out. So I went downstairs and by the time the squall was over, I saw it was just a nasty band and course had not changed.

Dennis is now a Cat 4, 145mph after having shrunk down to a Cat1 this time yesterday. Pressure has been dropping 2 mb an hour which is apparently very rare. The weatherman said this will be an Andrew. :-(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter