Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Hurricane Wilma - Nicht So Gut


Hurricane Wilma is very, very serious - it's a very powerful Category Five hurricane right now. It was a 1 last night and grew that strong literally overnight.

At 882 mb, it's the strongest storm in recorded Atlantic history - you can read more about it here:

http://www.wftv.com/weather/5104288/detail.html

Moving satellite image can be found here:

http://www.wftv.com/wxmap/4290813/detail.html

This is very worrisome for us in Florida. It's heading west right now but all models forecast it being pushed back towards Florida making landfall around Ft Meyers. For Central Florida, that means Cat 2 or 3 weather for us which is very, very severe. If it pulls north a bit and makes landfall around Sarasota or Tampa, that will be extremely bad for Orlando (not to mentioning the aforementioned Tampa and Sarasota).

The plan right now is to watch and wait. I plan to get some gas (I have a half a tank thankfully and haven't been using the A/C) and fill up some water jugs and evaluate the food situation. It sounds like unless it pulls and stays west, we will have a hurricane this weekend. I plan to get my grandmother Friday night unless the storm is here sooner. I will keep posting updates and our plans as they become more clear.

Here's the five day path:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter